Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Support letters sent!

I finally got my support letters sent out yesterday and, may I say, they looked great. It took a little while to refine the letter and cram all the important stuff into one sheet of paper, but I think I succeeded. Plus, I put one of those nifty return envelopes in each of them with Hillside's address on it.

I still need to raise about $1,500 for the India trip at this time. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. Maybe I'll even make a fundraising thermometer... Hmm...

Well, I might as well put a plug into this blog while I'm at it. Here's a little clip from my letter:

I'm currently working part-time (about 15-20 hours a week) on top of my full-time job here at Hillside. However, the part-time job just isn't paying enough to fully cover my trip to India. I have been able to save up some money and have received some support, so I only need about $1,500 more to fill the budget for this trip.

If you're interested in donating, please send a check to Hillside Missions Organization and put a sticky note on it stating that it's for me.

Here's the address:
Hillside Missions Organization
1004 N Thompson St, Suite 302
Richmond, VA 23230

Well, that's my plug. Hope you guys are all having a great spring/summer/whatever-it-is-right-now. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about what I'm up to so please leave me a comment. For anyone reading this through Facebook, I have my schnazzy looking blog posted on EverettHill.blogspot.com if you want to look at it and post comments on there!

Love you all. Have a great day!

Everett

No comments: