Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tickets, visa and excitement


We bought our tickets! Oh yes, we bought our tickets yesterday. We finally were able to get the funds together to be able to buy the tickets this past week and, after drudging through a bunch of websites and dead end “tickets.” While the pricing wasn’t ideal, we were able to find ticket for the three of us that had the same flights going to India. I’ll be coming back separately a few months later, but at least we have the same flights out so we don’t have to do any crazy scheduling to regroup once we arrive.

My tickets have me leaving the US July 22 and coming back October 27. During the three months, I’m going to be involved in English teaching, promotion for ministries and support of long-term missionaries that are there.

Now, we just have to get the visas. We’re definitely in crunch time at this point. The visa process is apparently very fast so that’s comforting. Still, the more we have done the better I will feel.

I’m very excited to be able to go on this trip. It’s an honor to have so much help in this and a privilege to be able to do what I know God wants all of us to do.

I would love to have you guys praying for our visa process, general preparation, and the journey we’re starting July 22.

Thanks guys! Love you!

No comments: